Whats going on tonight?
Sports in Dungannon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dungannon area for "Sports" of Dungannon. Featuring football, cricket, tennis, f1, rugby, horse-racing and Sports in Dungannon, Aughnacloy, Ballygawley, Ballyreagh, Benburb, Blackwatertown, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Dungannon. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Dungannon for Sports
Dungannon (from Irish: Dún Geanainn, meaning 'Geanann's fort') is a town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is the second-largest town in the county (after Omagh) and had a population of 14,340 at the 2011 Census. The Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council had its headquarters in the town, though since 2015 it has been covered by Mid-Ulster District Council.
For centuries, it was the 'capital' of the O'Neill dynasty of Tír Eoghain, who dominated most of Ulster and built a castle on the hill. After the O'Neills' defeat in the Nine Years' War, the English founded a plantation town on the site, which grew into what is now Dungannon. Dungannon has won Ulster in Bloom's Best Kept Town Award five times. It currently has the highest percentage of immigrants of any town in Northern Ireland.
Related locations in Dungannon:
More of tonight for Dungannon:
Dungannon: 54.533333, -6.616667
- Easter in Dungannon tonight
- EU Election in Dungannon tonight
- Events in Dungannon tonight
- Exhibitions in Dungannon tonight
- Family Events in Dungannon tonight
- Festivals in Dungannon tonight
- Firework Displays in Dungannon tonight
- Fitness in Dungannon tonight
- Flooding in Dungannon tonight
- Football in Dungannon tonight