Whats going on tonight?
Sports in Little Bromley, Essex, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Essex area for "Sports" of Little Bromley. Featuring football, cricket, tennis, f1, rugby, horse-racing and Sports in Little Bromley, Coggeshall, Colchester, Cold Norton, Copford, County of Essex, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Little Bromley. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Little Bromley for Sports
Little Bromley is a village and civil parish in the Tendring district of Essex, England. The name "Bromley" is Old English for "broomy wood/clearing". The village lies 9 kilometres (6 mi) east northeast of Colchester and 3 kilometres (2 mi) south of Manningtree. It is surrounded by the parishes of Lawford, Ardleigh, Great Bromley, Little Bentley, and Mistley. Its area is about 7.5 square kilometres (1,853 acres); the 2001 census reports a population of 289, reducing to 253 at the 2011 census. The main economic activity is arable farming. The village shop, mentioned in Kelly's Directory of Essex (1914), ceased operating in the 1990s.
The Anglican Church of St Mary the Virgin, is no longer used for regular worship and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. A Methodist chapel, built in 1863, closed in the late 1980s.
The population was reported to be 426 in the 1841 census and 361 in the 1911 census.
Related locations in Essex:
More of tonight for Little Bromley:
Little Bromley: 51.916667, 1.050000
- Exhibitions in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Family Events in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Festivals in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Firework Displays in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Fitness in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Flooding in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Football in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Freshers Week in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- Fund Raising in Little Bromley, Essex tonight
- General Election in Little Bromley, Essex tonight