Whats going on tonight?
Spring Equinox in Downe, Bromley, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Bromley area for "Spring Equinox" of Downe. Featuring spring, equinox, march, vernal and Spring Equinox in Downe, London Borough of Bromley, Norwood, Orpington, Saint Mary Cray, West Wickham, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Downe. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Downe for Spring Equinox
Downe () is a village in Greater London, England, located within the London Borough of Bromley but beyond the London urban sprawl. Downe is 3.4 miles (5.5 km) south west of Orpington and 14.2 miles (22.9 km) south east of Charing Cross. Downe lies on a hill, and much of the centre of the village is unchanged; the former village school now acts as the village hall. The word Downe originates from the Anglosaxon word dūn, latterly down, hence the South and North Downs. In April 1965, it (and the remaining part of Orpington Urban District Council), which was abolished, came within the newly created London Borough of Bromley. The village is in the historic county of Kent.
When Charles Darwin moved there in 1842, the village was still known as Down. Its name was changed later in the 1940s to Downe, to avoid confusion with County Down in Ireland.
Related locations in Bromley:
More of tonight for Downe:
Downe: 51.316667, 0.050000
- Online Gaming in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Pancake Day in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Pantomime in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Pubs in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Radio in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Religious Events in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Restaurants in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Rugby in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Snowing in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Sports in Downe, Bromley tonight