Whats going on tonight?
Spring Equinox in Cromford, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "Spring Equinox" of Cromford. Featuring spring, equinox, march, vernal and Spring Equinox in Cromford, Little Eaton, Little Hucklow, Long Eaton, Longford, Longstone, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Cromford. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Cromford for Spring Equinox
Cromford is a village and civil parish in Derbyshire, England, in the valley of the River Derwent between Wirksworth and Matlock. It is first mentioned in the 11th-century Domesday Book as Crumforde, a berewick (supporting farm) of Wirksworth and this remained the case throughout the Middle Ages. The population at the 2011 Census was 1,433. It is principally known for its historical connection with Richard Arkwright, and the nearby Cromford Mill which he built outside the village in 1771. Cromford is in the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage site.
The Cromford mill complex, owned and being restored by the Arkwright Society, was declared by Historic England as "one of the country’s 100 irreplaceable sites". It is also the centrepiece of the Derwent Valley Mills UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In 2018, the "Cromford Mills Creative Cluster and World Heritage Site Gateway Project" was listed as a finalist for the "Best Major Regeneration of a Historic Building or Place" in the Historic England Angel Awards.
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Spring Equinox':
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for Cromford:
Cromford: 53.100000, -1.566667
- Student Clubbing in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Summer Solstice in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Super Saturday in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Takeaway in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Tennis in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Theatre in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- TV in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Valentines Day in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight
- Weather in Cromford, Derbyshire tonight