Whats going on tonight?
Summer Solstice in Carmarthenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Carmarthenshire area for "Summer Solstice" of Carmarthenshire. Featuring summer, solstice, june and Summer Solstice in Carmarthenshire, Conwil Cayo, Conwil-Elvet, Conwil-in-Elvet, County of Carmarthenshire, Court Henry, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Carmarthenshire. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Carmarthenshire for Summer Solstice
Carmarthenshire (; Welsh: Sir Gaerfyrddin; [siːr gɑːɨrˈvərðɪn] or informally Sir Gâr) is a county in the south-west of Wales. The three largest towns are Llanelli, Carmarthen and Ammanford. Carmarthen is the county town and administrative centre. The county is known as the "Garden of Wales" and is also home to the National Botanic Garden of Wales.
Carmarthenshire has been inhabited since prehistoric times. The county town was founded by the Romans, and the region was part of the Kingdom of Deheubarth in the High Middle Ages. After invasion by the Normans in the 12th and 13th centuries it was subjugated, along with other parts of Wales, by Edward I of England. There was further unrest in the early 15th century, when the Welsh rebelled under Owain Glyndŵr, and during the English Civil War.
Related locations in Carmarthenshire:
More of tonight for Carmarthenshire:
Carmarthenshire: 51.983056, -4.060278
- New Year in Carmarthenshire tonight
- New Year Breaks in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Night Classes in Carmarthenshire tonight
- On Tour in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Online Gaming in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Pancake Day in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Pantomime in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Pubs in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Radio in Carmarthenshire tonight
- Religious Events in Carmarthenshire tonight