Whats going on tonight?
Tennis in Upottery, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Tennis" of Upottery. Featuring tennis, wimbledon, racket and Tennis in Upottery, Lee, Lewtrenchard, Lidford, Lifton, Linton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Upottery. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Upottery for Tennis
RAF Upottery (also known as Smeatharpe) is a former World War II airfield in East Devon, England. The airfield is located near the village of Upottery, approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north-northeast of the town of Honiton.
Opened in 1944, it was used by the Royal Air Force, United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) and United States Navy. During the war it was used primarily as a transport airfield and for antisubmarine patrols. It was closed in 1948 after the end of the war and today the remains of the airfield are located on private property being used as agricultural fields.
Upottery received much attention in 2001 when it appeared in the first episode of the television mini-series Band of Brothers. It was from Upottery that Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division boarded Douglas C-47 transports and made their first combat jump into Normandy on 6 June 1944.
We now have bags in stock ready for pick up, perfect bag to bring to tennis but also perfect for school, has a foam… t.co/uaBJdU7GQU
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Upottery:
Upottery: 50.866667, -3.133333
- January Sales in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Upottery, Devon tonight
- LGBT Events in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Live in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Malia 2016 in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Market in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Motor Racing in Upottery, Devon tonight
- New Year in Upottery, Devon tonight
- New Year Breaks in Upottery, Devon tonight