Whats going on tonight?
TV in New Mills, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "TV" of New Mills. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in New Mills, Hardstoft, Hartshorne, Hartshorn, Hassop, Hathersage, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in New Mills. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in New Mills for TV
New Mills is a town in Derbyshire, England. It is approximately 8 miles (13 km) south-east of Stockport and 13 miles (21 km) from Manchester, at the confluence of the rivers Goyt and Sett, close to the border of Cheshire. The town stands above the Torrs, a 70 feet (21 m) deep gorge, cut through Woodhead Hill Sandstone of the Carboniferous period. It is on the north-western edge of the Peak District, England's first national park.
New Mills has a population of approximately 12,000, in a civil parish which includes the villages and hamlets of Whitle, Thornsett, Hague Bar, Rowarth, Brookbottom, Gowhole and most of Birch Vale.
New Mills was first noted for coal mining, then for cotton spinning, bleaching and calico printing. New Mills was served by the Peak Forest Canal, three railway lines and the A6 trunk road. Redundant mills were bought up in the mid-twentieth century by sweet manufacturer Swizzels Matlow. New Mills was a stronghold of Methodism.
Finally catching up with this week's Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing; nothing else on TV gets anywhere as close… t.co/Dj8pYKgVQX
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for New Mills:
New Mills: 53.366667, -1.916667
- Student Clubbing in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Summer Solstice in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Super Saturday in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Takeaway in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Tennis in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Theatre in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Valentines Day in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Weather in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight