Whats going on tonight?
TV in Greensted, Essex, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Essex area for "TV" of Greensted. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in Greensted, Stisted, Stock, Strethall, Sturmer, Takeley, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Greensted. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Greensted for TV
Greensted Church, in the small village of Greensted, near Chipping Ongar in Essex, England, is the oldest wooden church in the world, and probably the oldest wooden building in Europe still standing, albeit only in part, since few sections of its original wooden structure remain. The oak walls are often classified as remnants of a palisade church or a kind of early stave church, dated either to the mid-9th or mid-11th century.
The Grade I listed building lies about a mile west of Chipping Ongar town centre. Its full title is The Church of St Andrew, Greensted-juxta-Ongar. It is, however, commonly known simply as Greensted Church. Greensted is still a functioning church and holds services every week. The volume of tourist visits is light, but steady. The church was featured on a British postage stamp issued in 1972.
Related locations in Essex:
More of tonight for Greensted:
Greensted: 51.700000, 0.200000
- Horse Racing in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Hotels in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Greensted, Essex tonight
- January Sales in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Greensted, Essex tonight
- LGBT Events in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Live in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Malia 2016 in Greensted, Essex tonight
- Market in Greensted, Essex tonight