Whats going on tonight?
Valentines Day in Helston, Cornwall, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cornwall area for "Valentines Day" of Helston. Featuring valentines, day, love, date and Valentines Day in Helston, Ladock, Landewednack, Landrake, Lanivet, Lanlivery, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Helston. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Helston for Valentines Day
Helston (Cornish: Hellys) is a town and civil parish in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated at the northern end of the Lizard Peninsula approximately 12 miles (19 km) east of Penzance and 9 miles (14 km) south-west of Falmouth. Helston is the most southerly town on the island of Great Britain and is around 1.5 miles (2.4 km) farther south than Penzance. The population in 2011 was 11,700.The former stannary and cattle market town is best known for the annual Furry Dance (known locally as the Flora Dance), said to originate from the medieval period. However, the Hal-an-Tow is reputed to be of Celtic origin. The associated song and music, The Floral Dance, is known to have been written in 1911. In 2001, the town celebrated the 800th anniversary of the granting of its Charter.
Related locations in Cornwall:
More of tonight for Helston:
Helston: 50.099722, -5.272222
- Arts and Crafts in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Awards Events in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Ayia Napa 2016 in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Bands in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Bank Holiday in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Bars in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Black Friday in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Bonfire Night in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Book Launch in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Helston, Cornwall tonight