Whats going on tonight?
Zante 2016 in Exeter, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Zante 2016" of Exeter. Featuring Zante 2016, hot greek islands and Zante 2016 in Exeter, Meavy, Meeth, Membury, Merrifield, Merrivale, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Exeter. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Exeter for Zante 2016
Exeter ( (listen)) is a city in Devon, England, on the River Exe 36 miles (58 km) northeast of Plymouth and 65 miles (105 km) southwest of Bristol. It is the county town of Devon, and home to Devon County Council and the University of Exeter.
In Roman Britain, Exeter was established as the base of Legio II Augusta under the personal command of Vespasian. Exeter became a religious centre in the Middle Ages. Exeter Cathedral, founded in the mid 11th century, became Anglican in the 16th-century English Reformation. In the late 19th century, Exeter became an affluent centre for the wool trade, although by the First World War the city was in decline. After the Second World War, much of the city centre was rebuilt and is now a centre for business and tourism in Devon and Cornwall.
The administrative area of Exeter has the status of a non-metropolitan district under the administration of the County Council; a plan to grant the city unitary authority status was scrapped by the 2010 coalition government.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Exeter:
Exeter: 50.700000, -3.533333
- Firework Displays in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Fitness in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Flooding in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Football in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Freshers Week in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Fund Raising in Exeter, Devon tonight
- General Election in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Halloween in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Holidays in Exeter, Devon tonight
- Horse Racing in Exeter, Devon tonight