Whats going on tonight?
Zante 2016 in Portlemouth, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Zante 2016" of Portlemouth. Featuring Zante 2016, hot greek islands and Zante 2016 in Portlemouth, Loxbear, Loxhore, Ludbrook, Luffincott, Luppitt, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Portlemouth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Portlemouth for Zante 2016
East Portlemouth is a small Devon village situated at the southern end of the Kingsbridge Estuary, on the south Devon Coast. The population of this parish taken at the 2011 census was 162. The village is sited on a hill giving views to the north to Kingsbridge and on a clear day as far as Dartmoor. There is a small ferry that runs to Salcombe and a beach that is popular with holidaymakers.
The place-name 'Portlemouth' is first attested in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it appears as Porlamuta. This is thought to derive from the Old English Portwellan-mutha, meaning 'mouth of the port well', that is to say 'mouth of the harbour stream', the village being at the mouth of a river.The village is popular with celebrities as a second-home base, where home owners include Steve Rider, Kate Bush and Michael Parkinson.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Portlemouth:
Portlemouth: 50.233333, -3.750000
- Acoustic in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Arts and Crafts in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Awards Events in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Ayia Napa 2016 in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Bands in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Bank Holiday in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Bars in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Black Friday in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Bonfire Night in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Book Launch in Portlemouth, Devon tonight