Whats going on tonight?
Black Friday in Trelech, Carmarthenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Carmarthenshire area for "Black Friday" of Trelech. Featuring blackFriday, friday, black friday, deals, sales, discount, black tag, offers, games consoles, smartphones, tvs and Black Friday in Trelech, Pen-y-banc, Pen-y-bont, Pen-y-groes, Pontantwn, Pontarsais, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Trelech. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Trelech for Black Friday
Trelech (Welsh: Tre-lech) is a village in the parish of Tre-lech a'r Betws, Carmarthenshire, in south-west Wales, lying some 10 miles north-west of Carmarthen and 6.5 miles south of Newcastle Emlyn. It also gives its name to a community.
The population taken at the 2011 census was 745.The community is bordered by the communities of: Cenarth; Cynwyl Elfed; Abernant; Meidrim; and Llanwinio, all being in Carmarthenshire; and by Clydau in Pembrokeshire.
The village is home to the Welsh-medium Ysgol Hafodwenog (Hafodwenog Community Primary School), which has around 60 pupils aged 4 to 11, and was opened in 1972 to serve the children of the surrounding settlements of Alma, Bryn Iwan, Cilrhedyn, Dinas, Gelliwen, Pandy, Penybont, and Talog, as well as those of Trelech itself.
Trelech has a community centre (in the building, across the road, which housed the modern school's predecessor) and a pub, the Tafarn Beca. However, given the area's very rural and lightly populated nature, the village no longer has a shop or post office. There is a children's play area, and the school also has a small soccer field.
Trelech was the birthplace on 14 November 1801 of David Rees (Y Cynhyrfwr), the reforming Welsh Congregationalist minister, and on 3 November 1879 of the reporter, poet, and short-story writer Perceval Gibbon, who travelled extensively in Europe, Africa, and the Americas and died in Guernsey on 30 May 1926. The travelling surgeon and author of 'War Doctor, Surgery on the front line', David Nott, grew up with his grandparents in Trelech.
Related locations in Carmarthenshire:
More of tonight for Trelech:
Trelech: 51.944444, -4.500000
- Chinese New Year in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Markets in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Christmas Party in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Cinema in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Clubbing in Trelech, Carmarthenshire tonight