Whats going on tonight?
Bonfire Night in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Aberdeenshire area for "Bonfire Night" of Strathdon. Featuring bonfire, fireworks, guy fawkes, gunpowder plot, 5th november and Bonfire Night in Strathdon, Saint Catherines Wells, Saint Combs, Saint Cyrus, Saint Fergus, Sandend, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Strathdon. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Strathdon for Bonfire Night
Strathdon (; Gaelic: Srath Dheathain) is an area in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It is situated in the strath of the River Don, 45 miles west of Aberdeen in the Highlands. The main village in the strath is also called Strathdon, although it was originally called Invernochty due to its location at the confluence of the River Don and the Water of Nochty.
Strathdon is an informal geographical area. This means that there are no precise boundaries in terms of where it begins or ends. It is the founding place of the Lonach Highland and Friendly Society, and the Lonach Highland Gathering. This is a traditional Highland Gathering with the heavy sport events such as tossing the caber, hammer etc., and it also hosts a competition of Highland dancing. Dances include the noted 'Highland Fling', 'Sword Dance', 'Seann Triubhas' and 'Reel of Tulloch'.
Notable figures who have visited Strathdon include Sean Connery, Billy Connolly, Ewan McGregor and Queen Elizabeth II. Connolly owned Candacraig House between 1998 and 2013.
Related locations in Aberdeenshire:
More of tonight for Strathdon:
Strathdon: 57.183333, -3.033333
- LGBT Events in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Live in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Malia 2016 in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Market in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Motor Racing in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- New Year in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- New Year Breaks in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Night Classes in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight
- On Tour in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire tonight