Whats going on tonight?
Book Launch in Dungannon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dungannon area for "Book Launch" of Dungannon. Featuring books, book launch, read books and Book Launch in Dungannon, Clonfeacle, Coalisland, Creevelough, Crilly, Donaghmore, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Dungannon. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Dungannon for Book Launch
Dungannon (from Irish: Dún Geanainn, meaning 'Geanann's fort') is a town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is the second-largest town in the county (after Omagh) and had a population of 14,340 at the 2011 Census. The Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council had its headquarters in the town, though since 2015 the area has been covered by Mid-Ulster District Council.
For centuries, it was the 'capital' of the O'Neill dynasty of Tír Eoghain, who dominated most of Ulster and built a castle on the hill. After the O'Neills' defeat in the Nine Years' War, the English founded a plantation town on the site, which grew into what is now Dungannon. Dungannon has won Ulster in Bloom's Best Kept Town Award five times. It currently has the highest percentage of immigrants of any town in Northern Ireland.
Related locations in Dungannon:
More of tonight for Dungannon:
Dungannon: 54.533333, -6.616667
- Boxing Day Sales in Dungannon tonight
- Brexit in Dungannon tonight
- Burns Night in Dungannon tonight
- Chinese New Year in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Dungannon tonight
- Christmas Markets in Dungannon tonight