Whats going on tonight?
Christmas Markets in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Carmarthenshire area for "Christmas Markets" of Merthyr. Featuring christmas, xmas, crimbo, market, markets, winter fairs, gifts, festive season and Christmas Markets in Merthyr, Llandyry, Llandyssil, Llandyssul, Llanedy, Llanegwad, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Merthyr. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Merthyr for Christmas Markets
Merthyr Tydfil (; Welsh: Merthyr Tudful [ˈmɛrθɪr ˈtɪdvɪl]) is the main town in Merthyr Tydfil County Borough. The town is administered by Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council and is about 23 miles (37 km) north of Cardiff, Wales. The town has a population of 43,820 (2011 Census). The town is often known as Merthyr.
The town is said to be named after Tydfil, a daughter of King Brychan of Brycheiniog. According to her legend, she was slain at Merthyr by pagans around 480 AD; the place was subsequently named Merthyr Tydfil in her honour. Although merthyr generally means "martyr" in modern Welsh, the meaning here is closer to the Latin martyrium: the mausoleum or church built over the relics of a martyr. Similar examples, all from south Wales, are Merthyr Cynog, Merthyr Dyfan and Merthyr Mawr.
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Christmas Markets':
Related locations in Carmarthenshire:
More of tonight for Merthyr:
Merthyr: 51.863056, -4.396111
- Takeaway in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Tennis in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Theatre in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- TV in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Valentines Day in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Weather in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Zante 2016 in Merthyr, Carmarthenshire tonight