Whats going on tonight?
Clubbing in Brightlingsea, Essex, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Essex area for "Clubbing" of Brightlingsea. Featuring club, clubbing, disco, rave and Clubbing in Brightlingsea, Pattiswick, Pebmarsh, Peldon, Pitsea, Pleshey, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Brightlingsea. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Brightlingsea for Clubbing
Brightlingsea is a coastal town and an electoral ward in the Tendring district of Essex, England. It is situated between Colchester and Clacton-on-Sea, at the mouth of the River Colne, on Brightlingsea Creek. At the 2011 Census, it had a population of 8,076.Its traditional industries included fishery (with a renowned oyster fishery) and shipbuilding. With the decline of these industries, the town is largely a dormitory town for Colchester.
Brightlingsea is a limb of Sandwich, one of the Cinque Ports. The town retains an active ceremonial connection with the Cinque Ports, electing a Deputy from a guild of Freemen.
Brightlingsea was for many years twinned with French oyster fishery port Marennes, Charente-Maritime, but the relationship fell into disuse. In the mid-1990s, the port of Brightlingsea was used for the export of live animals for slaughter, leading to a protest campaign dubbed "The Battle of Brightlingsea".
Related locations in Essex:
More of tonight for Brightlingsea:
Brightlingsea: 51.800000, 1.033333
- Boxing Day Sales in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Brexit in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Burns Night in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Chinese New Year in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight
- Christmas Markets in Brightlingsea, Essex tonight