Whats going on tonight?
Concerts in Coelbren, Powys, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Powys area for "Concerts" of Coelbren. Featuring concert, arena, gigs, bands, reunion and Concerts in Coelbren, Tregynon, Trelystan, Tre-Newydd, Tretower, Upper Chapel, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Coelbren. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Coelbren for Concerts
Coelbren (Welsh: Y Coelbren) is a small rural village within the community of Tawe Uchaf in southernmost Powys, Wales. It lies on the very northern edge of the South Wales Coalfield some six miles north-east of Ystradgynlais and just outside the southern boundary of the Brecon Beacons National Park. It is known for Henrhyd Falls, a 27m high waterfall which serves as a National Trust-managed visitor attraction on the Nant Llech. To the east of the village flows the Afon Pyrddin which plunges over two more spectacular falls.
As first edition Ordnance Survey maps of the area show, the name 'Coelbren' applied to a farmhouse and chapel before the modern village developed and is recorded in the name Tyre y Kolbren in 1503 where it signifies the sharing of land (modern Welsh 'tir') by means of drawing lots, a 'coelbren' being translated amongst other things as an 'inscribed piece of wood' or 'omen-stick'.
Related locations in Powys:
More of tonight for Coelbren:
Coelbren: 51.783333, -3.666667
- Christmas Mad Friday in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Christmas Markets in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Christmas Party in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Cinema in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Clubbing in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Comedy in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Coronavirus in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Cricket in Coelbren, Powys tonight
- Cyber Monday in Coelbren, Powys tonight