Whats going on tonight?
Easter in Auchmithie, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Easter" of Auchmithie. Featuring easter, bunny, eggs and Easter in Auchmithie, Brewlands, Bridgend of Lintrathen, Bridge of Dun, Careston, Carmylie, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Auchmithie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Auchmithie for Easter
Auchmithie is a former fishing village in Angus, Scotland, three miles north east of the town of Arbroath. It sits atop a cliff of red sandstone conglomerate of Devonian date, approximately 120 feet above a shingle beach. Among the pebbles on the beach, derived from those weathered out of the cliffs (themselves derived from pebbles deposited by a massive ancient river-delta), a significant percentage are jasper, predominantly dark red, with rarer examples green or yellow.
In the dilapidated harbour, built 1889 to 1891, and designed by James Barron, there are still some small fishing boats.
The Arbroath Smokie (haddock hot smoked in a particular way) originated in Auchmithie.
Sir Walter Scott stayed in the Waverley Hotel in Auchmithie and described Auchmithie in his novel The Antiquary (1816), under the name 'Musslecrag'.
Why are people panic buying toilet roll again? Is this the new lockdown tradition? Like turkey at Christmas? Or eggs at Easter 😂😂
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Auchmithie:
Auchmithie: 56.583333, -2.516667
- Fitness in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Flooding in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Football in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Freshers Week in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Fund Raising in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- General Election in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Halloween in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Holidays in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Horse Racing in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Hotels in Auchmithie, Angus tonight