Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Aberdeenshire area for "Festivals" of Portsoy. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Portsoy, Inkhorn, Insch, Inverallochy, Inverbervie, Inverernan, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Portsoy. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Portsoy for Festivals
Portsoy (Scottish Gaelic: Port Saoidh) is a town in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
The original name may come from Port Saoithe, meaning "saithe harbour".Portsoy is located on the Moray Firth coast of northeast Scotland, 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Aberdeen and 65 miles (105 km) east of Inverness. It had a population of 1,752 at the time of the 2011 census.Portsoy is known for local jewellery made from "Portsoy marble" (which is not marble, but rather serpentinite). The annual Scottish Traditional Boat Festival was started in 1993 to celebrate the 300th year of the harbour.Portsoy, notably the harbour, has featured in BBC period dramas “The Camerons” and “The Shutter Falls” and a Tennent’s Lager advert parodying the 1949 film Whisky Galore!. It was also the principal location for Gillies MacKinnon’s 2016 film Whisky Galore!, a remake of the 1949 film; Portsoy represented the fictional island of Todday.
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Festivals':
Related locations in Aberdeenshire:
More of tonight for Portsoy:
Portsoy: 57.683333, -2.683333
- Coronavirus in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Cricket in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Cyber Monday in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Dating Events in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Diwali in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- DJs in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Easter in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- EU Election in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Events in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Exhibitions in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire tonight