Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Uisken, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "Festivals" of Uisken. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Uisken, Newyork, North Crossaig, North Lorn, North Tullich, Oban, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Uisken. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Uisken for Festivals
Uisken (Scottish Gaelic: Uisgean, meaning "water-bay") is a settlement on a sandy bay on the Ross of Mull in the south of the Isle of Mull, on the west coast of Scotland. The settlement is within the parish of Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon.Originally a series of small settlements before the clearances it was developed as a fishing and crofting settlement with a small quay, known as Port Uisken, and road over to the steamer pier at Bunessan, the development being funded by the Duke of Argyll. The quay soon fell into disrepair but crofting continued with seven crofts being mentioned in the early 1920s and three crofts still being worked today.
A cairn is prominent on the eastern skyline. This is believed to mark the funeral route that coffins used to be carried to the old chapel at Scoor. There is also a large standing stone on the same ridge as the cairn about 500m to the north but this cannot be seen from Uisken.The population is 6 (2014).
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Festivals':
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Uisken:
Uisken: 56.283333, -6.216667
- EU Election in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Events in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Exhibitions in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Family Events in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Firework Displays in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Fitness in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Flooding in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Football in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Freshers Week in Uisken, Argyll and Bute tonight