Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Downe, Bromley, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Bromley area for "Festivals" of Downe. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Downe, Cudham, Elmers End, Farnborough, Foots Cray, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Downe. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Downe for Festivals
Downe () is a village in Greater London, England, located within the London Borough of Bromley but beyond the London urban sprawl. Downe is 3.4 miles (5.5 km) south west of Orpington and 14.2 miles (22.9 km) south east of Charing Cross. Downe lies on a hill, and much of the centre of the village is unchanged; the former village school now acts as the village hall. The word Downe originates from the Anglosaxon word dūn, latterly down, hence the South and North Downs. In April 1965, it (and the remaining part of Orpington Urban District Council), which was abolished, came within the newly created London Borough of Bromley. The village is in the historic county of Kent.
When Charles Darwin moved there in 1842, the village was still known as Down. Its name was changed later in the 1940s to Downe, to avoid confusion with County Down in Ireland.
Related locations in Bromley:
More of tonight for Downe:
Downe: 51.316667, 0.050000
- EU Election in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Events in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Exhibitions in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Family Events in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Firework Displays in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Fitness in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Flooding in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Football in Downe, Bromley tonight
- Freshers Week in Downe, Bromley tonight