Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Asheldham, Essex, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Essex area for "Festivals" of Asheldham. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Asheldham, Thundersley, Tilbury Juxta Clare, Tilbury, Tillingham, Tilty, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Asheldham. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Asheldham for Festivals
HMS Asheldham was one of 93 ships of the Ham class of inshore minesweepers.
Their names were all chosen from villages ending in -ham. The minesweeper was named after Asheldham in Essex.
HMS Asheldham (Pennant number M2604) was a member of the first series of Ham-class minesweepers, with composite wood and aluminium construction. It was built by Philip and Son of Dartmouth, Devon and was completed on 9 September 1953.Asheldham served as part of the 232nd Mine Sweeper Squadron at Harwich in Essex from 1954 to 1956, after which it was placed into reserve. The Ham class had proved too small to carry modern minesweeping equipment and most of the class were withdrawn from use or transferred to secondary roles.The ship was transferred to the Royal Malayan Navy on 1 April 1958, being renamed Sri Perlis. Following transfer, Sri Perlis' 40mm Bofors gun and minesweeping gear was removed and replaced by three 20 mm Oerlikon cannon, although the minesweeping gear was later re-fitted, with the ship retaining a single Oerlikon gun.
Related locations in Essex:
More of tonight for Asheldham:
Asheldham: 51.666667, 0.850000
- Religious Events in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Restaurants in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Rugby in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Snowing in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Sports in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Spring Equinox in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Student Clubbing in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Summer Solstice in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Super Saturday in Asheldham, Essex tonight
- Takeaway in Asheldham, Essex tonight