Whats going on tonight?
Football in Tarland, Aberdeenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Aberdeenshire area for "Football" of Tarland. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Tarland, Colquhonny, Combs, Comers, Cookney, Coombs, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Tarland. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Tarland for Football
Tarland (Gaelic: Turlann) is a village in Aberdeenshire, Scotland and is located 5 miles (8 km) northwest of Aboyne, and 30 miles (50 km) west of Aberdeen. Population 540 (2004).
Tarland is home to the Culsh Earth House, an Iron Age below-ground dwelling that otherwise known as a Souterrain. Souterrains were used to store food and the Culsh Earth House probably served as a community cellar.
Just south of Tarland is the Tomnaverie stone circle, a 4,000-year-old recumbent stone circle. The land is owned by the MacRobert Trust and in the care of Historic Scotland. The circle was recently restored with help from a donation by the trust.
Melgum Lodge near Tarland was originally built as a hunting lodge for the physician to Queen Victoria who frequently stayed in the vicinity at Balmoral Castle.
Tarland Church (Scottish Gaelic: Cill Mo Luaig) commemorates Mo Luag, a saint more often associated with the west coast.
According to legend, a wizard once lived in the area. It was said that he once came to Tarland Fair and cut open a cheese, which produced a swarm of bees.In 2015 a new bike park was built in Drummy Woods of Tarland, bringing visitors to the local community. The bike park cost around £200,000 to build and features three different level of difficulty so it can suit cyclists of all abilities.
Related locations in Aberdeenshire:
More of tonight for Tarland:
Tarland: 57.133333, -2.866667
- Freshers Week in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Fund Raising in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- General Election in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Halloween in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Holidays in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Horse Racing in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Hotels in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- January Sales in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Tarland, Aberdeenshire tonight