Whats going on tonight?
Football in Forfar, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Football" of Forfar. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Forfar, Guthrie, Hillside, Hole, Inchbare, Inchmill, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Forfar. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Forfar for Football
Forfar (listen) (Scots: Farfar, Scottish Gaelic: Baile Fharfair) is the county town of Angus, Scotland and the administrative centre for Angus Council. It has a population of 14,048.
Forfar dates back to the temporary Roman occupation of the area, and was subsequently held by the Picts and the Kingdom of Scotland. It was occupied by the English before being recaptured by the Scots and presented to Robert the Bruce during the Scottish Wars of Independence. Forfar has been both a traditional market town and a major manufacturing centre for linen and jute. Today the main activities are agriculture and tourism around scenic Strathmore. The local glens are visited by hill-walkers, and there are ski-slopes in the mountains. The town has a League One football club, Forfar Athletic and a National League rugby team, the Strathmore Silverbacks.
The Forfar bridie, a Scottish meat pastry snack, is traditionally identified with the town.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Forfar:
Forfar: 56.650000, -2.883333
- January Sales in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Forfar, Angus tonight
- LGBT Events in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Live in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Malia 2016 in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Market in Forfar, Angus tonight
- Motor Racing in Forfar, Angus tonight
- New Year in Forfar, Angus tonight
- New Year Breaks in Forfar, Angus tonight