Whats going on tonight?
Football in Tarfside, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Football" of Tarfside. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Tarfside, Angus County, Arbirlot, Arbroath, Ardovie, Auchmithie, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Tarfside. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Tarfside for Football
Tarfside is a small hamlet in Angus, Scotland. It is situated in the upper course of the Glen Esk valley of the River North Esk, around 8 miles north of Edzell, and has a footpath to nearby Loch Lee.
Tarfside is a very beautiful place for walkers.
Tarfside is the location of an Episcopal church, St Drostan's which was built in 1879 in memory of Alexander Penrose Forbes, Bishop of Brechin. This replaced earlier Episcopal meeting houses in Glen Esk. The church has had no resident clergyman since 1921 and is currently served from Brechin. The church also has a lodge which provide accommodation for groups or individuals.During the Second World War, a secret Auxiliary Unit, known as the "Tarfside Patrol" was based in the area. This was led by Sgt W.D. Kidd, who reported to the Group Commander Captain H.A. Ferrier, and Asst G.C. Lieut A.J. Mackie. An underground base would have been made which the patrol would have gone into hiding if the Germans had invaded. Research by the British Resistance Archive / Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team have identified the patrol members but as of yet not the operational base (bunker).
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Football':
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Tarfside:
Tarfside: 56.900000, -2.833333
- Spring Equinox in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Student Clubbing in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Summer Solstice in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Super Saturday in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Takeaway in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Tennis in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Thanksgiving in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Theatre in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- TV in Tarfside, Angus tonight
- Valentines Day in Tarfside, Angus tonight