Whats going on tonight?
Football in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Central Bedfordshire area for "Football" of Chicksands. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Chicksands, Arlesey, Arlesley, Aspley Guise, Astwick, Barton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Chicksands. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Chicksands for Football
Chicksands is a village in the Central Bedfordshire district of Bedfordshire, England, and part of the civil parish of Campton and Chicksands, whose population in 2007 was estimated to be 2,510. By the 2011 census the figure was accurately placed at being 1,699. The village is on the River Flit and close to its parish village of Campton and the town of Shefford.
Chicksands is mentioned in the Domesday Book the entry reads: Chichesana/e: William de Cairon from Bishop of Lincoln; Three freemen and Walter from Azelina, Ralph Tailbois' wife (it is of her dowry). Mill.Chicksands was the site of RAF Chicksands, an RAF station during World War II. The station was used by the United States Air Force from 1950 to 1995. It was the location for its first huge FLR-9 direction finding antenna from 1963 to 1995. The antenna was known as the 'Elephant Cage' and was dismantled before the USAF left in 1995. It is now home to the Joint Intelligence Training Group (JITG) and the Headquarters of the British Army's Intelligence Corps.Chicksands Priory, a monastic house built in 1150, is located within the grounds of the Joint Intelligence Training Group. It is open to the public, by appointment only, on the 1st & 3rd Sunday afternoons, April–October.Mid Bedfordshire District Council moved to a new office building on a part of the former RAF Chicksands sportsfield, adjacent to the A507, having previously been based in offices at Ampthill and Biggleswade. The new office, named Priory House, was officially opened by the Queen on 17 November 2006 accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh. The offices are now home to Central Bedfordshire Council.
Related locations in Central Bedfordshire:
More of tonight for Chicksands:
Chicksands: 52.033333, -0.366667
- Pantomime in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Pubs in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Radio in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Religious Events in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Restaurants in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Rugby in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Snowing in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Sports in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Spring Equinox in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight
- Student Clubbing in Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire tonight