Whats going on tonight?
Football in Meliden, Denbighshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Denbighshire area for "Football" of Meliden. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Meliden, Llandrillo, Llandyrnog, Llanelidan, Llanelwy, Llanfair-Dyffryn-Clwyd, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Meliden. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Meliden for Football
Meliden (Welsh: Alltmelyd) is a village between Prestatyn and Dyserth in Denbighshire, Wales. It grew up around the locality of lead mines and limestone quarries. The placename "Meliden" has variously been claimed to be derived from that of Bishop Melitus or St. Melyd (the village has the church of St. Melyd as its main place of worship); its Welsh placename, "Alltmelyd", means "wooded hill of Melyd". The railway between Prestatyn and Dyserth, long since lifted and formerly with sidings in the village, is now a public walkway and nature trek. It has a 9-hole golf course, which is split in half by the former railway/nature walk. The local school, St. Melyd Primary, is a feeder school to the High School, Prestatyn.
Meliden's football club, Meliden F.C., reformed in 2008, joining the Clwyd Football League.Above the village is the limestone hill of Graig Fawr (153 metres, 502 feet) which belongs to the National Trust. The views from the crag include the coast from Llandudno to the Wirral, Snowdonia, neighbouring Moel Hiraddug, and many other hills of North Wales.
Related locations in Denbighshire:
More of tonight for Meliden:
Meliden: 53.316667, -3.416667
- Bars in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Black Friday in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Bonfire Night in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Book Launch in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Brexit in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Burns Night in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Chinese New Year in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight
- Christmas in Meliden, Denbighshire tonight