Whats going on tonight?
Football in Totley, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "Football" of Totley. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Totley, Tintwhistle, Tintwistle, Tissington, Toton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Totley. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Totley for Football
Totley is a suburb on the extreme southwest of the City of Sheffield, in South Yorkshire, England. Lying in the historic county boundaries of Derbyshire, Totley was amalgamated into the city of Sheffield in 1933, and is today part of the Dore and Totley electoral ward in the city, though it remains close to the contemporary county boundary of Derbyshire. Totley had a population of 7,963 in 2011. Totley was shown at the 2011 census as being part of the ward of Dore and Totley.
Totley was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Totinglee, the name meaning a forest clearing belonging to Tota (probably the Saxon lord). Totley Hall, built in 1623 and enlarged in the 19th century, was converted to a teacher training college in the 1950s and was latterly part of Sheffield Hallam University.
Through the district run the Totley Brook and the Old Hay Brook, which are the two sources of the River Sheaf. Totley also lends its name to Totley Tunnel, the longest underland rail tunnel in the United Kingdom. This takes the Sheffield to Manchester line from Totley underneath the Totley Moor to Grindleford in Derbyshire.
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for Totley:
Totley: 53.300000, -1.533333
- Coronavirus in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Cricket in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Cyber Monday in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Dating Events in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Diwali in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- DJs in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Easter in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- EU Election in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Events in Totley, Derbyshire tonight
- Exhibitions in Totley, Derbyshire tonight