Whats going on tonight?
Football in Burrington, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Burrington. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Burrington, Lifton, Linton, Littleham, Little Torrington, Loddiswell, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Burrington. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Burrington for Football
Burrington Combe is a Carboniferous Limestone gorge near the village of Burrington, on the north side of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in North Somerset, England.
"Combe" or "coombe" is a word of Celtic origin found in several forms on all of the British Isles, denoting a steep-sided valley or hollow. Burrington Combe is a gorge through the limestone hills although there is now no river running through it. Various cave entrances are exposed which have been occupied by humans for over 10,000 years, with a hillfort being built beside the combe in the Iron Age. The geology has led to a diversity of plant life.
According to legend Augustus Montague Toplady was inspired to write the hymn Rock of Ages while sheltering under a rock in the combe, although recent scholars have disputed this claim.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Burrington:
Burrington: 50.933333, -3.950000
- Burns Night in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Chinese New Year in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Markets in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Christmas Party in Burrington, Devon tonight
- Cinema in Burrington, Devon tonight