Whats going on tonight?
Football in Sampford Peverell, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Sampford Peverell. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Sampford Peverell, Kenton, Kilmington, Kingsbridge, Kingskerswell, Kings Nympton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Sampford Peverell. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Sampford Peverell for Football
Sampford Peverell is a village and civil parish in Mid-Devon, England. An old Saxon settlement, it was called Sanforda in the 1086 Doomsday Book. Its current name reflects its inclusion in the Honour of Peverel, the lands of William Peverel and his family. His great-grandson, Hugh Peverell (the name had changed spelling), is buried in the village church of St John the Baptist. The parish is surrounded, clockwise from the north, by the parishes of Hockworthy, Holcombe Rogus, Burlescombe, Halberton and Uplowman.The New Rectory was built in 1836, at the expense of the Grand Western Canal Company, in compensation for cutting through the grounds and demolishing the south wing of the Old Rectory which had been built for the use of Margaret Beaufort, mother of Henry VII.The Great Western Railway opened a station at Sampford Peverell in 1932 but it closed on 5 October 1964; the site has since been reused as Tiverton Parkway railway station (opened in 1986).
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Sampford Peverell:
Sampford Peverell: 50.933333, -3.400000
- New Year in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- New Year Breaks in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Night Classes in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- On Tour in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Online Gaming in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Pancake Day in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Pantomime in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Pubs in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Radio in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight
- Religious Events in Sampford Peverell, Devon tonight