Whats going on tonight?
Kavos 2016 in Buttershaw, Bradford, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Bradford area for "Kavos 2016" of Buttershaw. Featuring Kavos 2016, hot in Corfu, blue lagoon, Trinity Club, Madisons, Quayside Village, Snobs, Atlantis, Super Paint Party and Kavos 2016 in Buttershaw, Idle, Ilkley, Ingrow, Keighley, Low Moor, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Buttershaw. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Buttershaw for Kavos 2016
Buttershaw is a residential area of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. It is bounded by Horton Bank Top to the north, Wibsey to the east, Woodside to the south and Shelf to the west.
Buttershaw consists mostly of 1940s council housing with the building starting in 1947 and continuing until the 1960s. These parts of Buttershaw gained notoriety in 1986 when they were featured as the setting for most of the scenes in the film Rita, Sue and Bob Too, based on plays by local resident Andrea Dunbar. The estate gained something of a cult status thanks to the film, although at first there was much discontent among local people who complained that it further tarnished the estate's already undesirable reputation. Since the 1980s, many of the older homes around Buttershaw (including some of the blocks of flats that appeared in several of the film's scenes) have been demolished to be replaced by new homes.
In 2013, Buttershaw was the setting for the film The Selfish Giant, which had a limited release but was generally well-received by critics.
Related locations in Bradford:
More of tonight for Buttershaw:
Buttershaw: 53.750000, -1.800000
- Concerts in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Coronavirus in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Cricket in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Cyber Monday in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Dating Events in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Diwali in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- DJs in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Easter in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- EU Election in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight
- Events in Buttershaw, Bradford tonight