Whats going on tonight?
Kavos 2016 in Gwennap, Cornwall, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cornwall area for "Kavos 2016" of Gwennap. Featuring Kavos 2016, hot in Corfu, blue lagoon, Trinity Club, Madisons, Quayside Village, Snobs, Atlantis, Super Paint Party and Kavos 2016 in Gwennap, Charlestown, Constantine, Constatine, County of Cornwall, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Gwennap. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Gwennap for Kavos 2016
Gwennap (Cornish: Pluwwenep, meaning "the Parish of [Saint] Wenappa") is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England. It is about five miles (8 km) southeast of Redruth.In the 18th and early 19th centuries Gwennap parish was the richest copper mining district in Cornwall, and was called the "richest square mile in the Old World". It is the location of the Great County Adit, and once-famous mines such as Consolidated Mines, Poldice mine and Wheal Busy. Today it forms part of area A6i (the Gwennap Mining District) of the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape World Heritage Site.
It lends its name to Gwennap Pit, where John Wesley preached 18 times between 1762 and 1789, although Gwennap Pit is about 1.7 miles (2.7 km) to the northwest, at the hamlet of Busveal near St Day. The pit was caused by mining subsidence in the mid-18th century. After Wesley's death the local people turned the pit into a regular circular shape with turf seats.
Related locations in Cornwall:
More of tonight for Gwennap:
Gwennap: 50.216667, -5.166667
- DJs in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Easter in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- EU Election in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Events in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Exhibitions in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Family Events in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Festivals in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Firework Displays in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Fitness in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Flooding in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight