Whats going on tonight?
Malia 2016 in Auchmithie, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Malia 2016" of Auchmithie. Featuring Malia 2016, hot in Crete and Malia 2016 in Auchmithie, Balnaboth, Barry, Brechin, Brewlands, Bridgend of Lintrathen, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Auchmithie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Auchmithie for Malia 2016
Auchmithie is a former fishing village in Angus, Scotland, three miles north east of the town of Arbroath. It sits atop a cliff of red sandstone conglomerate of Devonian date, approximately 120 feet above a shingle beach. Among the pebbles on the beach, derived from those weathered out of the cliffs (themselves derived from pebbles deposited by a massive ancient river-delta), a significant percentage are jasper, predominantly dark red, with rarer examples green or yellow.
In the dilapidated harbour, built 1889 to 1891, and designed by James Barron, there are still some small fishing boats.
The Arbroath Smokie (haddock hot smoked in a particular way) originated in Auchmithie.
Sir Walter Scott stayed in the Waverley Hotel in Auchmithie and described Auchmithie in his novel The Antiquary (1816), under the name 'Musslecrag'.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Auchmithie:
Auchmithie: 56.583333, -2.516667
- Ibiza 2016 in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- January Sales in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- LGBT Events in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Live in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Market in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Motor Racing in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- New Year in Auchmithie, Angus tonight