Whats going on tonight?
Tennis in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Carmarthenshire area for "Tennis" of Derwydd. Featuring tennis, wimbledon, racket and Tennis in Derwydd, Llanpumsaint, Llansadurnen, Llansadwrnen, Llansadwrn, Llansaint, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Derwydd. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Derwydd for Tennis
Derwydd is a hamlet in the south-east of Carmarthenshire, Wales, historically situated in the parish of Llandybie, north of Ammanford. It is around halfway between Ammanford (to the south) and Llandeilo, at a rural crossroads between the A483 and A476 roads.
The name of the hamlet literally means "druid" in Welsh, but is more likely to have derived from derwen (oak tree), which are common in the area.
In 1870–72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Derwydd as follows:"DERWIDD, or Derwydd, a hamlet in Llandebie parish, Carmarthen; on the river Cennen, near the Vale of Towy railway, 4 miles SSE of Llandeilo-fawr. Derwidd-Road station, on the railway, is east of the hamlet. Derwidd House belonged to Sir Harry Vaughan, who commanded in the army of Charles I.; belonged afterwards to the Stepneys; and contains some furniture of the time of Henry VIII."
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Tennis':
Related locations in Carmarthenshire:
More of tonight for Derwydd:
Derwydd: 51.833333, -4.000000
- Kavos 2016 in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- LGBT Events in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Live in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Malia 2016 in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Market in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Motor Racing in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- New Year in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- New Year Breaks in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight
- Night Classes in Derwydd, Carmarthenshire tonight