Whats going on tonight?
Theatre in Gwytherin, Conwy, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Conwy area for "Theatre" of Gwytherin. Featuring theatre, perform, stage and Theatre in Gwytherin, Llangwm, Llannefydd, Llannefyd, Llanrwst, Llansannan, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Gwytherin. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Gwytherin for Theatre
Gwytherin is a village in Conwy county borough, Wales. It lies in a small valley through which the River Cledwen flows and has been winner of 'Best Kept Village' on four occasions. Its church is dedicated to Saint Winefrid (Welsh: Gwenfrewy gwenfrewi; Medieval Latin: Winefrida).
In the centre of the village opposite the Lion Inn is the Church of St Winifred which was built and dedicated to her in 1869. The church is believed to have originated in the mid-600s CE up by Prince Eleri who then went on to set up a double monastery in the village. He was the Abbot to the monks, and his cousin's daughter, St. Gwenffrewi, was the Abbess to the nuns.
In the churchyard are three ancient yew trees and a row of four ancient standing stones approximately one metre high and aligned roughly east to west. The first stone carries a carving and what appears to be a 'W'.
The church is one of the major places visited on the North Wales Pilgrims Way.
Related locations in Conwy:
More of tonight for Gwytherin:
Gwytherin: 53.133333, -3.683333
- EU Election in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Events in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Exhibitions in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Family Events in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Festivals in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Firework Displays in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Fitness in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Flooding in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Football in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Freshers Week in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight