Whats going on tonight?
TV in Clachan, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "TV" of Clachan. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in Clachan, Crinan, Croag, Crogan, Croggan, Croig, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Clachan. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Clachan for TV
A clachan (Irish: clochán, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠoxaːnˠ], or clachan, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠaxənˠ]; Scottish Gaelic: clachan, [ˈkʰl̪ˠaxan]; Manx: claghan, pronounced [ˈkʰlaxan]) is a small settlement or hamlet on the island of Ireland, the Isle of Man and Scotland. Though many were originally kirktowns, today they are often thought of as small villages lacking a church, post office, or other formal building. It is likely that many date to medieval times or earlier – a cluster of small single-storey cottages of farmers and/or fishermen, invariably found on poorer land. They were often related to the rundale system of farming.
According to David Lloyd, the Great Famine in Ireland (1845–49) caused such disruption to the social system that the clachans there virtually disappeared; many in the Scottish Highlands were victims of the Clearances. In some cases, they have evolved into holiday villages, or one or two houses have taken over, turning smaller houses into agricultural outhouses. Remains can be seen in many upland and coastal areas. Some are clustered in a dip in the landscape, to protect from Atlantic winds, but others stretch haphazardly along main roads.
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Clachan:
Clachan: 55.733333, -5.566667
- Comedy in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Concerts in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Coronavirus in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Cricket in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Cyber Monday in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Dating Events in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Diwali in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- DJs in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Easter in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight
- EU Election in Clachan, Argyll and Bute tonight