Whats going on tonight?
TV in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "TV" of Portavadie. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in Portavadie, Killinallan, Killunaig, Kilmartin, Kilmelfort, Kilmichael Glassary, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Portavadie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Portavadie for TV
Portavadie (Scottish Gaelic: Port a' Mhadaidh) is a village on the shores of Loch Fyne on the west coast of the Cowal peninsula in Argyll and Bute, Scottish Highlands.The Portavadie complex was built by the then Scottish Office for the purpose of constructing concrete platforms for extraction of oil from the North Sea. However, the intention was soon overtaken by acceptance that steel platforms were the future for the oil industry in Scotland. Despite suggestions to turn the complex into a holiday village, it lay redundant until in the mid-1980s the enclosed port was used by a local fish farm company.
A further report in the Dunoon Observer and Argyllshire Standard, says that the derelict "village", known as Polphail, was sold to a forestry company who plan to demolish the buildings and build new houses. It remains in situ currently.
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Portavadie:
Portavadie: 55.866667, -5.316667
- Takeaway in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Tennis in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Thanksgiving in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Theatre in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Valentines Day in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Weather in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Zante 2016 in Portavadie, Argyll and Bute tonight