Whats going on tonight?
TV in Compton Abbas, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "TV" of Compton Abbas. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in Compton Abbas, West Orchard, West Parley, West Tineham, Weymouth, Whitchurch Canonicorum, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Compton Abbas. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Compton Abbas for TV
Compton Abbas is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in southern England. It lies within the North Dorset administrative district, 3 miles (4.8 km) south of the town of Shaftesbury. It is sited on greensand strata on the edge of the Blackmore Vale, below the chalk downs of Cranborne Chase. On top of these hills is Compton Abbas Airfield. The A350 road between Wiltshire and the south coast passes through the village. In the 2011 census the civil parish had a population of 216. The name Compton Abbas derives from the Saxon "cumb-ton", meaning 'village in a narrow valley', plus "abbas" which refers to Shaftesbury Abbey (the land was owned by the abbess). The church, St. Mary's, was built in 1866 to replace the older structure which was more remote from the village.
The tower of the Church of St Mary in East Compton is a Grade I listed building.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Compton Abbas:
Compton Abbas: 50.733333, -2.616667
- Flooding in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Football in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Freshers Week in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Fund Raising in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- General Election in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Halloween in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Holidays in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Horse Racing in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Hotels in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Compton Abbas, Dorset tonight