Whats going on tonight?
TV in Barvas, Eilean Siar, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Eilean Siar area for "TV" of Barvas. Featuring tv, telly, television, digital, dvb, dtv, smart and TV in Barvas, Suordal, Swanibost, Swordale, Tarbert, Tigharry, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Barvas. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Barvas for TV
Barvas (Scottish Gaelic: Barabhas or Barbhas) is a settlement, community and civil parish on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland.
Rev Allan MacArthur was minister of the Free Church in Barvas 1857 to 1887.It developed around a road junction. The A857 and A858 meet at the southern end of Barvas. North is the road to Ness; west takes the traveller to Carloway and the West Side; south runs the road to Stornoway. According to the 2011 Census it still has the highest concentration of Scottish Gaelic speakers in Scotland (64% of the population) with 2,037.In the early 2000s, controversy hit the area as one of Europe's largest windfarms was planned for Barvas Moor. The Scottish Government rejected the proposals in early 2008.
Related locations in Eilean Siar:
More of tonight for Barvas:
Barvas: 58.350000, -6.500000
- Sports in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Spring Equinox in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Student Clubbing in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Summer Solstice in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Super Saturday in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Takeaway in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Tennis in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Thanksgiving in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight
- Theatre in Barvas, Eilean Siar tonight