Whats going on tonight?
Zante 2016 in Winster, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Zante 2016" of Winster. Featuring Zante 2016, hot greek islands and Zante 2016 in Winster, Low Hesket, Low Sellafield, Lupton, Mardale, Maryport, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Winster. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Winster for Zante 2016
Winster is a village in the English Derbyshire Dales about 5 miles (8 km) from Matlock and 6 miles (10 km) from Bakewell at an altitude of approximately 820 feet (250 m). It was formerly a centre for the lead mining industry. The village lies within the Peak District National Park and The Peak District Boundary Walk runs through the village. Winster has a large number of listed buildings, including the Market House open daily as a National Trust information point. Its current population is about 630, though it was 600 at the 2011 Census. The village has a primary school, two churches, two pubs and a village shop (owned by the community) which includes a post office. Winster was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086 when it was owned by Henry de Ferrers.A workhouse at Bank Top (grid reference SK239602) was opened in 1744. It had a rule that forbade any relief outside of the workhouse. By the 1770s it could house 40 inmates.Winster Market House was the National Trust's first property in the Peak District and was acquired in 1906.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Winster:
Winster: 54.316667, -2.883333
- New Year Breaks in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Night Classes in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- On Tour in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Online Gaming in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Pancake Day in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Pantomime in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Pubs in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Radio in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Religious Events in Winster, Cumbria tonight
- Restaurants in Winster, Cumbria tonight