Whats going on tonight?
Cinema in Ireleth, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Cinema" of Ireleth. Featuring cinema, listings, pictures, pics and Cinema in Ireleth, Baggrow, Bampton, Barbon, Bardsea, Barrow, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Ireleth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Ireleth for Cinema
Askam and Ireleth is a civil parish close to Barrow-in-Furness in the county of Cumbria, in North West England. Historically part of Lancashire, it originally consisted of two separate coastal villages with different origins and histories which, in recent times, have merged to become one continuous settlement. The population of the civil parish taken at the 2011 Census was 3,632.Ireleth has its origins as a mediaeval farming village clustered on the hillside overlooking the flat sands of the Duddon Estuary. Askam was established following the discovery of large quantities of iron ore near the village in the middle of the 18th century.
The pair originally fell within the boundaries of the Hundred of Lonsdale 'north of the sands' in the historic county of Lancashire, but following local government reforms in 1974 became part of the county of Cumbria, along with the rest of Furness.
The nearby River Duddon estuary and surrounding countryside have made the area well known for its wildlife, while the villages' exposed position on the eastern bank facing the Irish Sea have encouraged the establishment of wind energy generation, amid local controversy.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Ireleth:
Ireleth: 54.183333, -3.183333
- Spring Equinox in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Student Clubbing in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Summer Solstice in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Super Saturday in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Takeaway in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Tennis in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Thanksgiving in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Theatre in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- TV in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Valentines Day in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight