Whats going on tonight?
Clubbing in Ireleth, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Clubbing" of Ireleth. Featuring club, clubbing, disco, rave and Clubbing in Ireleth, Lindale, Lindal in Furness, Lindal, Little Blencow, Little Salkeld, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Ireleth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Ireleth for Clubbing
Askam and Ireleth is a civil parish close to Barrow-in-Furness in the county of Cumbria, in North West England. Historically part of Lancashire, it originally consisted of two separate coastal villages with different origins and histories which, in recent times, have merged to become one continuous settlement. The population of the civil parish taken at the 2011 Census was 3,632.Ireleth has its origins as a mediaeval farming village clustered on the hillside overlooking the flat sands of the Duddon Estuary. Askam was established following the discovery of large quantities of iron ore near the village in the middle of the 18th century.
The pair originally fell within the boundaries of the Hundred of Lonsdale 'north of the sands' in the historic county of Lancashire, but following local government reforms in 1974 became part of the county of Cumbria, along with the rest of Furness.
The nearby River Duddon estuary and surrounding countryside have made the area well known for its wildlife, while the villages' exposed position on the eastern bank facing the Irish Sea have encouraged the establishment of wind energy generation, amid local controversy.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Ireleth:
Ireleth: 54.183333, -3.183333
- Chinese New Year in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Markets in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Party in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight
- Cinema in Ireleth, Cumbria tonight