Whats going on tonight?
Cinema in Castlewellan, Down, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Down area for "Cinema" of Castlewellan. Featuring cinema, listings, pictures, pics and Cinema in Castlewellan, Killyleagh, Kilmore, Listooder, Lowerhouse, Maghera, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Castlewellan. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Castlewellan for Cinema
Castlewellan (from Irish Caisleán Uidhilín, meaning 'Hugelin's Castle') is a small town in County Down, in the south-east of Northern Ireland close to the Irish Sea. It is beside Castlewellan Lake and Slievenaslat mountain, 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Downpatrick. It lies between the Mourne Mountains and Slieve Croob. It had a population of 2,392 people in the 2001 Census.
Castlewellan has a wide main street which runs through two main squares lined with chestnut trees. The town was designed by a French architect for the Annesley Family. The Annesley family did not always own the land as they bought it from The Maginess Family. (see Earl Annesley), then owners of what is now Castlewellan Christian Conference Centre and Forest Park, and is unique within Ireland due to its tree-lined squares both in the old town (upper square) and new town (lower square) as well as its very wide main street. The old market house in the upper square was built in 1764 and now houses the public library.
Related locations in Down:
More of tonight for Castlewellan:
Castlewellan: 54.266667, -5.933333
- Motor Racing in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- New Year in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- New Year Breaks in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Night Classes in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- On Tour in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Online Gaming in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Pancake Day in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Pantomime in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Pubs in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Radio in Castlewellan, Down tonight