Whats going on tonight?
Theatre in Castlewellan, Down, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Down area for "Theatre" of Castlewellan. Featuring theatre, perform, stage and Theatre in Castlewellan, Magherasaul, Newcastle, Raffrey, Raholp, Rossglass, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Castlewellan. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Castlewellan for Theatre
Castlewellan (from Irish Caisleán Uidhilín, meaning 'Hugelin's Castle') is a small town in County Down, in the south-east of Northern Ireland close to the Irish Sea. It is beside Castlewellan Lake and Slievenaslat mountain, 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Downpatrick. It lies between the Mourne Mountains and Slieve Croob. It had a population of 2,392 people in the 2001 Census.
Castlewellan has a wide main street which runs through two main squares lined with chestnut trees. The town was designed by a French architect for the Annesley Family. The Annesley family did not always own the land as they bought it from The Maginess Family. (see Earl Annesley), then owners of what is now Castlewellan Christian Conference Centre and Forest Park, and is unique within Ireland due to its tree-lined squares both in the old town (upper square) and new town (lower square) as well as its very wide main street. The old market house in the upper square was built in 1764 and now houses the public library.
Related locations in Down:
More of tonight for Castlewellan:
Castlewellan: 54.266667, -5.933333
- Cyber Monday in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Dating Events in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Diwali in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- DJs in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Easter in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- EU Election in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Events in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Exhibitions in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Family Events in Castlewellan, Down tonight
- Festivals in Castlewellan, Down tonight