Whats going on tonight?
Theatre in Struell, Down, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Down area for "Theatre" of Struell. Featuring theatre, perform, stage and Theatre in Struell, Downpatrick, Drumaroad, Dundrum, Dunmore, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Struell. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Struell for Theatre
Struell Wells (Irish: Toibreacha an tSruthail; Ulster-Scots: Struell Waals) are a set of four holy wells in the townland of Struell, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of Downpatrick, County Down, Northern Ireland (grid ref: J513442). The wells date from before the time of Saint Patrick, and even today are used for people seeking cures. On Mid-Summer Eve (St John's Eve) and the Friday before Lammas, hundreds of pilgrims used to visit Struell. The earliest written reference to the wells is in 1306, but none of the surviving buildings is earlier than about 1600. Pilgrimages to the site are well documented from the 16th century to the 19th century. The site is managed by the Northern Ireland Environment Agency.
Related locations in Down:
More of tonight for Struell:
Struell: 54.316667, -5.666667
- Firework Displays in Struell, Down tonight
- Fitness in Struell, Down tonight
- Flooding in Struell, Down tonight
- Football in Struell, Down tonight
- Freshers Week in Struell, Down tonight
- Fund Raising in Struell, Down tonight
- General Election in Struell, Down tonight
- Halloween in Struell, Down tonight
- Holidays in Struell, Down tonight
- Horse Racing in Struell, Down tonight