Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Chettle, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Festivals" of Chettle. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Chettle, Yetminster, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Chettle. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Chettle for Festivals
Chettle is a small village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in southern England. It lies 6 miles (9.7 km) north-east of the town of Blandford Forum. It is sited at the head of a gently-sloping valley on the dip slope of the chalk formation called Cranborne Chase. The A354 trunk road crosses the valley about 1 km to the south. In 2013 the estimated population of the civil parish was 90.Chettle House, the village manor, is a red brick Baroque mansion designed by Thomas Archer, a pupil of Vanbrugh, and built by the Bastard brothers of Blandford Forum during the reign of Queen Anne. Pevsner considered it to be one of England's finest Baroque houses. Two rounded ends were added to the house in 1912. Part of the house is open to the public.
A book about the village, "Enduring Village", was published in August, 2008.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Chettle:
Chettle: 50.916667, -2.066667
- Bars in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Black Friday in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Bonfire Night in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Book Launch in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Brexit in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Burns Night in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Chinese New Year in Chettle, Dorset tonight
- Christmas in Chettle, Dorset tonight