Whats going on tonight?
Football in Carrickfergus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Carrickfergus area for "Football" of Carrickfergus. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Carrickfergus, Woodburn, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Carrickfergus. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Carrickfergus for Football
Carrickfergus (from Irish: Carraig Fhearghais [ˌkaːɾˠəɟ ˈaɾˠɣəʃ], meaning "Fergus' rock") is a large town in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It sits on the north shore of Belfast Lough, 11 miles (18 km) from Belfast. The town had a population of 28,141 at the 2021 Census. It is County Antrim's oldest town and one of the oldest towns in Ireland as a whole. Carrickfergus Castle, built in the late 12th century at the behest of Anglo-Norman knight John de Courcy, was the capital of the Earldom of Ulster. After the earldom's collapse, it remained the only English outpost in Ulster for the next four centuries. Carrickfergus was the administrative centre for Carrickfergus Borough Council, before this was amalgamated into the Mid and East Antrim District Council in 2015, and forms part of the Belfast Metropolitan Area. It is also a townland of 65 acres, a civil parish and a barony.
Related locations in Carrickfergus:
More of tonight for Carrickfergus:
Carrickfergus: 54.733333, -5.750000
- Sports in Carrickfergus tonight
- Spring Equinox in Carrickfergus tonight
- Student Clubbing in Carrickfergus tonight
- Summer Solstice in Carrickfergus tonight
- Super Saturday in Carrickfergus tonight
- Takeaway in Carrickfergus tonight
- Tennis in Carrickfergus tonight
- Thanksgiving in Carrickfergus tonight
- Theatre in Carrickfergus tonight
- Theme Parks in Carrickfergus tonight