Whats going on tonight?
Football in Ludworth, Durham, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Durham area for "Football" of Ludworth. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Ludworth, Lartington, Leadgate, Leamside, Lintz Green, Low Etherley, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Ludworth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Ludworth for Football
Ludworth is a pit village in County Durham, England situated between Durham and Peterlee.
It consists of just over 350 houses in three main housing estates (Barnard Avenue, Moor Crescent and Springfield Meadows) and a few smaller streets.
Ludworth has a post office, a primary school, a community centre and a printers. The village used to have a church, two Methodist chapels and a fish shop, most of which were destroyed in a fire. The last public house in Ludworth, The Queen's Head, has been closed since before 2009.
Ludworth Tower was originally a medieval manor house, founded by the de Ludworth family. In 1422, Thomas Holden added a rectangular pele tower, when he was granted licence to crenellate his manorial complex, by Cardinal Langley. The only surviving remains are the barrel-vaulted basement, the three storey west wall and fragments of a first floor spiral stair in the south wall. The remains can be seen on the left as you come into the village from Shadforth.
Related locations in Durham:
More of tonight for Ludworth:
Ludworth: 54.766667, -1.433333
- LGBT Events in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Live in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Malia 2016 in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Market in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Motor Racing in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- New Year in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- New Year Breaks in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- Night Classes in Ludworth, Durham tonight
- On Tour in Ludworth, Durham tonight