Whats going on tonight?
Easter in Helston, Cornwall, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cornwall area for "Easter" of Helston. Featuring easter, bunny, eggs and Easter in Helston, Charlestown, Constantine, Constatine, County of Cornwall, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Helston. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Helston for Easter
Helston (Cornish: Hellys) is a town and civil parish in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated at the northern end of the Lizard Peninsula approximately 12 miles (19 km) east of Penzance and 9 miles (14 km) south-west of Falmouth. Helston is the most southerly town on the island of Great Britain and is around 1.5 miles (2.4 km) farther south than Penzance. The population in 2011 was 11,700.The former stannary and cattle market town is best known for the annual Furry Dance (known locally as the Flora Dance), said to originate from the medieval period. However, the Hal-an-Tow is reputed to be of Celtic origin. The associated song and music, The Floral Dance, is known to have been written in 1911. In 2001, the town celebrated the 800th anniversary of the granting of its Charter.
Related locations in Cornwall:
More of tonight for Helston:
Helston: 50.099722, -5.272222
- Summer Solstice in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Super Saturday in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Takeaway in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Tennis in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Thanksgiving in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Theatre in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- TV in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Valentines Day in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Weather in Helston, Cornwall tonight
- Zante 2016 in Helston, Cornwall tonight