Whats going on tonight?
Football in Cookstown, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cookstown area for "Football" of Cookstown. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Cookstown, Ballyronan, Beaghmore, Broughderg, Churchtown, Coagh, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Cookstown. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Cookstown for Football
Cookstown (Irish: An Chorr Chríochach, [anˠ ˌxoːɾˠ ˈçɾʲiːxəx]) is a small town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is the fourth largest town in the county and had a population of 11,599 in the 2011 census. It, along with Magherafelt and Dungannon, is one of the main towns in the Mid-Ulster council area. It was founded around 1620 when the townlands in the area were leased by an English ecclesiastical lawyer, Dr. Alan Cooke, from the Archbishop of Armagh, who had been granted the lands after the Flight of the Earls during the Plantation of Ulster. It was one of the main centres of the linen industry west of the River Bann, and until 1956, the processes of flax spinning, weaving, bleaching and beetling were carried out in the town.
Related locations in Cookstown:
More of tonight for Cookstown:
Cookstown: 54.633333, -6.550000
- Pantomime in Cookstown tonight
- Pubs in Cookstown tonight
- Radio in Cookstown tonight
- Religious Events in Cookstown tonight
- Restaurants in Cookstown tonight
- Rugby in Cookstown tonight
- Snowing in Cookstown tonight
- Sports in Cookstown tonight
- Spring Equinox in Cookstown tonight
- Student Clubbing in Cookstown tonight